Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Hakuna Matata

Safari!
We spent the weekend on safari at Lake Nakuru National Park.  We joined six others from IU House on a fun filled weekend.  After a scenic four hour drive, down many roads which had not been traveled by vehicle in many, many years, we made it to our first evening's accommodations at The Flamingo Hill Tenting Camp. The service and meals were wonderful.  I am confident I would have enjoyed the evening far more had I not still been car sick from the bumping and winding on our way there.



The next morning we headed to the park bright and early.  The service there was also exceptional!















 Some of the other photos from the safari are available here: https://picasaweb.google.com/107043307746387837156/September52011#
I'll upload more as internet service allows.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos, Aimee! I'm so glad you started this blog and I love your titles. Thank you for bringing us along on a trip of a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thrilled you are having a great time! Hopefully you packed plenty of Dramamine!

    ReplyDelete